Tagging Instructions & Tips
All clothing must be in EXCELLENT CONDITION (no holes, stains, tears, missing buttons or non working zippers), neat, clean and free of odors. Clothing must be current styles. Remember, people cannot feel the item and they are trusting that you, the seller, has carefully checked the item before listing it. The quality must be what people are accustomed to getting at our regular events. Return costs plus a $3 handling fee will be passed onto to any consignor that brings an item that is returned. Returned items will be donated and not returned to the consignor. We will only accept returns on stained or damaged items.
Item Descriptions **IMPORTANT**
Please choose your item category and take the time to fill out an item description for each item. Items will be categorized online by the category you choose. Good descriptions will make your item easily searchable.
First line: Please put the brand name.
Second line: important details a shopper may not know by looking at the picture; measurements, included parts or anything you can’t see in the photo.
* You only get ONE picture so make it a good one!
* Images cannot be larger than 5mb or smaller
* Make sure your photos are in JPG or GIF format (no HEIC which some newer iPhones are set to save as)
* Photos need to be vertical versus horizontal or use the Square setting on you phone. Horizontal photos will appear sideways when uploaded.
* Lighting is KEY for a good photo. Make sure you are taking pictures in a room with a lot of natural light or set up overhead lights to avoid shadows. Avoid dark backgrounds or backgrounds with clutter as it can distract from the item you want to sell.
* Small toys with accessories, games and play sets can be opened and set up so that a buyer can see it has all the pieces.
* Photo collages can be used if you feel one picture isn’t enough. No more than 4 pictures in a collage so shoppers can see each image. Please do not use software programs (PhotoShop etc) that will increase the image size which may make it too large to upload.
* To change from HEIC go to camera > settings > formats and select most compatible
* For clothing, you can hang the item a light color wall and use a temporary wall hook OR, you can do a “flat lay” where you lay the item on a light surface or the floor to take the picture.
* Non clothing items like shoes, toys, books, games, electronics, etc. can be photographed on any neutral surface.
If the item looks good it sells faster and for a better price. Make sure shoes are clean! A little effort goes a long way. When preparing sold shoes, please make sure they are securely connected. You can tie the shoelaces together, buckle the shoes together, use a loop pin, zip tie or put them in a ziplock bag.
Books & DVDs
Please make sure DVDs are working and are free from scratches. We accept any family dvd rated PG13 and under.
Toys, Games & Puzzles
PACKAGE TOY/GAME/PUZZLE PIECES AND DIRECTIONS SECURELY. Small and loose pieces should be placed in a Ziploc bag and taped shut. Attach bag to the toy by tying it on, using a loop pin, using clear packing tape or by placing the bag inside the unsealed toy. All toys must be complete, in working order and clean. Puzzles can be wrapped in plastic wrap and then taped to keep puzzle pieces in. Count your puzzle pieces!! Do not package toys to purposely hide a defect.
***PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE! CHECK PARTS! DO NOT SELL ITEMS IF THEY HAVE MISSING PARTS!***
Price items 1/4 to 1/3 the retail cost
Consider grouping items